Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Big Kick-off!

I'm a fangirl. I always have been. When I saw the movie Julie and Julia, I thought... Hey! I can do that.

Well... I can sort of do that. I don't have the money to cook, but I certainly do have the time to read. There are myriad lists of 'the top 100 books' of this or that. I've chosen The BBC's Big Read as my list because, well, I'm bored easily sometimes. This list has some quite varied books, from classic sci-fi to modern sci-fi to childrens' books, and also a splattering of the classics.

I am going to be reading constantly from when I start to a year from that. Hopefully I will be able to finish all of these books (sometimes, perhaps more than one a day, and sometimes one in a week and a half. War and Peace, this means you.) Each day, I will comment on what I've read that day, seriously and sarcastically. I'm hoping that I will have a new perspective on all of these books by the end, and perhaps even find some new favourites. I can't promise that I will love everything I read. I'm a human being. Not everything is to my liking. I do promise, however, that I will make people cry, and I will make people laugh.

So, welcome. Please join me on this journey. I look forward to hearing from you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment